Team Dom attempts Denali May 21 - June 10th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a wonderful trip, you guys! You sound like a well-coordinated and practised team. :cool:
I did the West Butt route a few years ago with 2 friends, self-supported. I soooo want to go back. :D

Good luck Mats and the rest of Team Dom.

I wish I could be there with you guys, but alas that was not to be. Do take lots and lots of pictures. I'll want to see them all and get your reviews. (You too Leaf). My new plan is to try in 2009 for the big 40! And if I get my way and the guide I want my skis will be attending!!!!

In the mean time I will live vicariously through you guys.

Nif

Have a blast Team Dom! Jealousy and living vicariously don't even begin to describe it ;)! Denali is my dream and has been for years. I can't wait to read all about it and then pick your brains when you get back!

May the force be with you :D

roadtripper said:
Mats - are you taking the mini-keg to the summit this time? :p
- Greg

Thanks Greg.......I'm pretty sure Denali hasn't been kegged before ;) This mountain is not conducive for kegs........we'll have our work cut out for us anyway. It helps that we have Denali veterans Frodo and go with us on this trip. Frodo has summited Denali before (in very low visibility) and took the initiative to put this team together. He's looking for some actual "views from the top" this time :D

Last edited:
Good Luck and Clear Skys for Team Dom! I wish I could go along with you.
I've had the pleasure to hike and climb with a few of you and I know this is a very strong team with good instincts on the mountain. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories!
Best Wishes.

Woody

Best Wishes

My best wishes for a fantastic adventure!! Take care guys :D

Go Team Dom!

A great dedication from a great, dedicated group. Stay healthy and whole, and here's to your achieving both your goals: the summit AND the parking lot!

Oh, and bring our bass player home safely, please? :cool:

Team Dom,

I'll be rooting for you! You are a strong team, have good judgment, and have wonderful camaraderie. This journey is sure to be a most excellent adventure! Remember to really take in and savor each day so the tiny details of how the wind feels on your face, how the snow feels below your feet, and how you feel (the ups and downs) through the days will become long-lasting memories...that you can write up in a fabulous triup report for all of us at home to enjoy :)

Wishing you all the best!

-katie

Have a great and safe time....enjoy the lifetime friendships you are creating....can't wait to hear and read about it..

Make sure you read Krakauer's very entertaining short story entitled, "Club Denali" in Eiger Dreams before you go. There's another very good one on the Talkeetna flyboys but the best story in the collection IMO, and one I hope you won't have to relate to, is entitled, "On Being Tentbound".

Team Dom, good luck and have a blast! Wish I could've timed my trip better to welcome you guys to Seattle during your layover ;)

I'll be sending good vibes! :)

MattC said:
...Summit success would be the proverbial icing...
Not exactly, but beers returning to base would be the frost :cool:

Damn - you've all come a long ways! Get to the top and back safely! Like Townie says, it's taken us a long time to break in our bass player!

Pretty cool sitting here thinking that I first met Arm and Frodo when the three of us climbed Washington in winter, years ago. I've been fortunate to have had so many great adventures with many in this team.

If your unselfish dedication to helping us lightweights ( :rolleyes: ) achieve many of our dreams is karmic repayment, you'll all come back with smiles on your faces for a dream fulfilled. Godspeed!

Last edited:
SherpaKroto said:
If your unselfish dedication to helping us lightweights ( :rolleyes: ) achieve many of our dreams is karmic repayment, you'll all come back with smiles on our faces for a dream fulfilled. Godspeed!

Absolutely well said, Sherp. Was thinking something similar but couldn't find a way to express it!