The Long Trail-MRG to Sugarbush

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyL

Reaction score
I plan to ski the LT from MRG to Sugarbush. Any information would be greatly appreciated ie. entry point, time considerations.

Thanks in advance.

I skied part of this this past weekend - it's in good shape (came up the Jerusalem trail, stayed at the Glen Ellen Lodge and skied along the LT south almost to Sugarbush north, then exited via MRG).

Entry from the MRG side is from the corner where upper Antelope (I think) turns onto the fall line (the LT runs south from there, skier's right).

The trail itself is mostly skiable with a couple of places where 'dismounting' is probably in order. Coverage is very good right now.

I skied it on fairly heavy duty teles and skins, but for the LT itself a lighter weight back country set up (3 pins with metal edged skis) would probably be appropriate.

I think about 1 hour should get you from MRG to Sugarbush North? Maybe another 45 mins to Sugarbush? Not entirely certain of these timeframes (and these will vary, of course).

Let me know if you have other specific questions.

Best,
BB