Tmax Monroe 48 finish 11/19...Enough already

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spongebob

Reaction score
Yep, Terri finished her New Hampshire 48 four thousand foot mountains on Monroe this past Sunday. I think she has finished her winter Catskills and the ADK 46 regular season this year too. Personally, I think she is milking these finishes to get free vegan cake.

Bonnie, Dawn, Terri, HarryK, and I hiked up Crawford Mountain (which totally rocks), and Stairs Mountain on Saturday. On the summit of Crawford we could see clouds dancing over the Presidential Ridge, and the Monroe summit that we would be visiting the next day.

We were lucky enough to be joined by Will (one of those New Yorker type people) and 7Summits for the hike on Sunday…….Ok, Lucky enough as is in….The vote was 4-1 that we wanted to hike with them……Stupid democracy.

It was decided to hike up the Edmunds Path over to Monroe with great planning. (As in we decided at the Edmunds trailhead.) I thought it would be safer going up the Ammo trail with the questionable weather. Like everything about my life, I was wrong.

Yep, the hike up the Edmunds Path is up. No ice or snow to really think of. Dawn (Hikethe115) had an injury, but kept on hiking with great determination. The little waterfall near the upper part of the trail was pretty as always. The clouds socked in everything, but there was very little wind.

The conversation went to Bob Dylan as always with this crowd. Hui Yeng (ok I spelled her name wrong in the video linked below as Hui Yang.), who is from Malaysia, first words as a child were “Bob Dylan”. …..So, basically my knowledge of Flock of Seagulls music fell on to deaf ears.

After gearing up at the Crawford Path junction the hike proceeded North-ish towards Monroe. The visibility was not that great, but it was fun hiking. I was fidgeting with my gear too much. After pushing up the short steep to bust out on the flatter part of the Crawford Path, Mount Eisenhower behind us looked the best I have ever seen it. The clouds would clear up letting us see Washington, Clay, Jefferson, and Monroe. The under cast of the clouds showed a few mountains in the distance. It was incredible up there.

After a little more blah blah blah……..Tmax made it to the top of Monroe. One of her favorite mountains (Mount Washington) got to share in the celebration with her, by looking down on us. (In a condescending looking down to me way, by the way…Washington why you got to diss me?)

I got Tmax a 48 patch and a 48 tshirt. Other people will claim they gave her these items, and they will be lying……..or maybe I am lying. The details really are not that important.

For the hike out, the clouds closed in, and we made quick work to the Edmunds and Crawford paths junction.

It was nice seeing Hui Yeng again (like I said sorry for spelling your name wrong in the video????)

A new face in Will that Bonnie and Dawn brought from New York….Dawn And Bonnie are getting a little boring.

HarryK, you know, the dude can’t be beat. (Trust me he can’t …I swing a baseball bat at him all the time, and I keep on missing him.)

And to Tmax. Even though you faked having an elbow injury to try to get out of my Catskill 35 finish, you are not totally repulsive in my book.

TMAX youtube movie link ...kind of fun.

Webshots photos not labeled yet

Download of the video 15 MB-ish A better quality version.....This link was real slow this morning. So maybe try a bit later.

Blah
Adrian

Another list falls! I know she has a few more in progress. 50 HighPointers, winter 46, winter 48, NE115 just to name a few. It must be nice to have the time.

Congratulations Terri! See you in a few weeks in the ADKs!

Ed

Whoohoo, way to go Terri.. I guess Monroe is an easier hike than Big Slide!

I'm sorry that crustacean had to be there but I guess it could be worse. :p

Jay

Terri you Rock for a Dead Head. Congratulations again.
Sponge Flock of Seagulls come on and get some taste
Other than your musical taste you must be a good guy if this great bunch of people keep hiking with you.
I wish I could have been there.
Way to go Terri

Al

good time!!

What a great video Sponge...thanks:D.

Sponge fails to mention that our hike on Saturday (the 18th) was his NHHH finish. And he says "enough already" to me! We had a great time and even learned the secret of why Sponge climbs mountains... :D :D

Sunday (the 19th) was also my birthday (I am now the meaning of life ;) ) which made the day even more special. Sitting in the Carribean Cowboy in Lake Placid a couple months ago with Hikethe115 and Mcorsar, I said to the planner (that would be Dawn) "do you think I could climb all the mountains I have left in NH to finish on my birthday?" She was in heaven with the excitement of the challenge and began to work out the details on the back of a placemat. I followed the plan (more or less) and even had the placemat with me on this final climb! When the clouds broke around us on the ridge, we had the most amazing view of Eisenhower. Then when we got on the top of Franklin, Washington was just standing out there proud and clear and I was simply overwhelmed with the beauty of it! This is why I do what I do!

Thanks Dawn for the cake, it was splendid! It's not every day you can please a crowd like that with vegan food!

HarryK, when will we do that traverse? If I do it without you, I'll certainly have you beat :cool:

Thanks everyone for spending this day with me and putting up with the repeated change of plans... LIFE IS GOOD

TMax, congrats and happy birthday. What a special treat to celebrate two occasions!

Spongebob- nice movie of the hike, I have one I'm working on for my pal Ray here on VFTT.

Matt, Jay and Al you sob's. I love you New Yorkers....well because you are so far away.

That was a fun weekend Terri, even if HarryK and I had a little too much to drink on Friday night.

Congrats, TMax! Nice TR and video report, Spongebob. Looks like it was decent weather up there ...

Great hike! Congratulation again Terri.
Adrian, great video, now it make sense how a vegan cake can taste so good :p

Lovely to meet all of you, thanks for taking the effort to learn my name.
Looking foward!

Last edited:
Congrats!

Great shots too. There's one in there of Mt. Washington from Monroe, and you captured a terrific fogbow inbetween. Quite a rare catch!!!