Uphill Leanto via yellow trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenG

Reaction score
:D Hello, ;)

Is anyone out there interested in a winter attempt at Skylight, Grey, &/or Marcy via the yellow trail sometime in the near future? :eek:

Ken :D

KenG said:
:D Hello, ;)

Is anyone out there interested in a winter attempt at Skylight, Grey, &/or Marcy via the yellow trail sometime in the near future? :eek:
When Winter starts, we will at some point be attempting all 3 of these, but perhaps not in a single day. We planned to go up to Marcy and then back down. Then on another trip to go to the 4 corners and from there do Skylight and Gray. It's not inconceivable that we could try to do all 3 together. But probably not until later in the season.

Yellow Trail

We tried last winter, the yellow trail is a big mess, would need to be sure brook well frozen and a good 10 feet of consolidated snow.

I was thinking later in the year ,say late February or early March, more snow pack. I think Black Spruce is right, there's a helluva lot of blowdown on the yellow trail. But, we may get it earlier, the snow that is, you never know!

I'd say that we would need a weekend of recon prior to the trip, but I want these mountains this winter ('06-'07), via the yellow trail and I'm going to get them! A positive attitude always prevails, well at least 90% of the time.

Anyone else wants to join me, let me know!

KenG said:
Anyone else wants to join me, let me know!

I raise my hand for this one. Wanna do those three in one day, but I'm not sure about the yellow trail... I heard some bad stories about it, I'd rather go from the loj. Anyway, keep me in touch !

Hi Julie,

The only thing I'm sure of is that I am hiking the yellow trail and since you've raised your hand I'll keep you posted.

I was planning a two day trip so maybe we could meet on Marcy on the second day & celebrate my 46th! You could head in from the loj and Ill head in from the Tahawus! And, just maybe, I'll have a good word to say about the yellow trail, but I doubt it. I've hauled more bloodied hikers back out to the ER trail head over the years. But, my blood type is B+, so I will!

Gotta go though, Tahawus is calling me! I'll be back Nov 26, yee haa!

See Y'all in a week,