VFTT Shirts and Hats Market Survey and Pre-Ordering Information

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
EDIT: 4/9/11: If you're reading this for the first time or were ready to order, see my new post on the next page under "BREAKING NEWS" for lower pricing and a revised order form. The original order form has been deleted.

I think I've finally worked out most of the details with a supplier so it's time to get the ball rolling and see if there is enough interest. If anyone has any comments, post them here or you can email me at teejaydk4 at gmail dot com

Unlike the stickers and patches, no orders have been placed for these yet. Since there are minimum quantities required, this will be for pre-payment/pre-ordering only. The prices are based on minimum orders for 24 shirts and 24 hats. If we can't make the minimums, any pre-payments will be refunded.

Shirts: 3.7 oz., 100% polyester; wicks moisture away from the body; self-fabric collar; heat-sealed label; set-in sleeves; double-needle hemmed bottom and sleeves; double-needle coverstitched collar and armholes; silver-grey; Unisex sizing.

Hats: 100% garment-washed cotton twill; 6-panel, unstructured, low-profile; tuck-away leather back strap; antiqued brass buckle and grommet; Cool-Crown™ mesh lining; four rows of stitching on bill; Khaki with hunter green bill; One size fits all.

Checks, money orders and cash are appreciated but I'll also take PayPal if absolutely necessary.

Fill out the order form completely and return it with your payment, even if you're paying by PayPal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VFTT Shirts and Hats Pre-Order Form

Order Form deleted, see above.

Last edited:
Is there an option to just buy a shirt? Hats are typically one size fits "most" and I generally dont seem to be a "most" ;)

If there is a shirt option how much?

Thanks for handling this !

The hat is a nice one, not the crappy foam ones you get at a bait and tackle shop. It will have a fabric size adjustment in the back.
On the front will be the VFTT logo. Above the opening in the back will be Views From The Top wording. Teejay can probably clarify this further as it's been a while since I first started speaking with the supplier.

I had a sample of the shirt. Nice stuff, comparable to the performance T from EMS but with the green and white VFTT logo on the front where a pocket would be. It will look sharp.

Teejay has done a great job handling the logistics of this. If you're thinking about a shirt(s) or hat(s), it would make his job a lot easier if you'd fill out the preorder form and get back to him so we quickly know whether were' moving forward with orders for shirts, hats or neither. Thanks.

I'm definitely in for a T if unisex, better go XXL:eek:

I'll mail you a check and send you the form soon, I hope. Traded in the old forester for a newer one but I have stickers already for it.

The cheaper hat will just look cheap. Forget it, that's not the image we want for VFTT is it? Go for the gusto & let's get the nicer ones.

Last edited:
Check is in the mail. The embroidered logo looks much better. I ordered a large shirt for Pat - that's generally his size for EMS/REI and other similar shirts. Let us know if they run small.
Thanks Peakbagr and teejay.

Shirts: 3.7 oz., 100% polyester; wicks moisture away from the body; self-fabric collar; heat-sealed label; set-in sleeves; double-needle hemmed bottom and sleeves; double-needle coverstitched collar and armholes; silver-grey; Unisex sizing.

From the O.P.

VFTT garb - count me in, thank you

Just wrote check/put in mailbox for 2 shirts. Many thanks for doing this!

Just got my patches. They are beautiful, as beautiful as the original realese. I thought they were going to be different since it's a new issue second generation.

Now my old original patches aren't collectors items anymore.

Thanks TeeJay.

Pre-orders

Everyone who has sent a pre-order with payment should have received a short email receipt from me. I will not be cashing your checks until it is time to order the shirts and hats. If the minimum isn't reached, your voided checks will be returned.

teejay

BREAKING NEWS!! New lower prices for shirts and hats

After talking to a number of suppliers, one has been able to offer very attractive prices for shirts and hats. These are the same shirts and hats described in the first post of the thread. A revised order form is posted below. You will see prices have been reduced on everything!!! We still need to meet a minimum of 24 each for shirts and hats for these prices to "stick," however. The sooner the minimum is reached, the sooner an order can be placed so you'll have your stuff for the summer hiking season.

The conspirators (you know who you are, LOL) have spoken and the hats will be embroidered with the VFTT logo on the front and the website address on the back.

Anyone who has already sent in an order based on the old pricing will receive a refund when your order is shipped.

Print and fill out the order form completely, and return it with your payment , even if using PayPal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VFTT Shirts and Hats Pre-order Form (Revised)

Name: ______________________ email: ______________________________

Address:_____________________ VFTT Name:_________________________

Shirts (Size, # Ordered): S:____ M: ____ L: ____ XL: ____ Total # S-XL: ____ X $13.50 = $____.___

Shirts (# Ordered): XXL: ____ X $15.50 = $____.___

Shirts (#Ordered): XXXL:____ X $16.50 = $____.___

Hats: (# Ordered): ____ X $15.00 = $____.___

Shipping: (US) $5.00 (1-2 Items), $7.00 (3 or more Items) Total # Items ____ Shipping: $____.___

(Canada) $12.00 (1-2 Items), $14.00 (3 or more Items) Total # Items ____ Shipping: $____.___

Payment Method: Cash ____ Check ____ M.O. ____ Paypal ____ Total Enclosed: $______.___​

Mail To: Tom Jenks
P. O. Box 114
Elbridge, NY 13060-0114
USA

Last edited: