weather

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifelong..

Been a lifelong resident of Central New York, and the Central Adks. The weather doesn't change what I do, it just changes what I wear. When I post "Trips" it generally starts out with "This is a rain, or shine event". While I would almost surely take a nice sunny day over a cloudy rainy one, I can still find neverending beauty where I'm hiking, regardless of the weather. (Plus, the bad weather makes for great stories!)

giggy said:
sierra - This weather pattern in october is a bit odd - if you look at the NWS - this has never really happened before - all sorts od rain records for this month and it sucks.

I cancel plans when it rains.

From the Mt Washington Observatory today: "The record that we’re closing in on now is the most precipitation ever in any month at the Observatory. The current mark is held by the infamous February of 1969 at 25.56” of liquid equivalent (rain and melted snow/ice). So far this month we’ve received an incredible 24.41 inches, and much more is on the way today right through tomorrow.

I'll hike in the rain, it's not my favorite but it's a reality in the Northeast.

Just came back from a week in San DIego. Out of 7 days, 5 were cloudy with mist or rain. One day it rained more in the desert 60 miles east of San DIego than it normally does in an entire year.

And oh yeah, the people were bitching.

Apparently it's the end of the world as we know it.

I couldn't care less.