What is this mountain?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberzac

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is in the right section or not, if it isn’t my apologies. I took this photo this past summer on the Long Trail from I believe from below the summit of Buchanan Mountain near Jay.

Does anyone know what the large mountain just right of center is? I labeled it Bear Mountain, but now I think it might be Mont Owl Head in Quebec.

You can also see the mountain along the horizon in this view to the northeast from Belvidere Mountain. There are two bumps just right of center; the left bump I think is Mont Owl Head and the one to the right is Bear Mountain. Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry lumberzac, I cant help you. But those are some nice pics. I' pretty sure I've seen that same mountain in the distance from Jay Peak. Cool lookin little peak.

View from Mt Orford

If you look at this view of Mont Owl's Head (left) and Jay (right) looking south from Mt Orford, it becomes quite plausible that the unknown mountain is Owl's Head. Focus on the small peak with the branch covering it. The profile looks quite similar to the small peak in the left of your picture. I'd go with Owl's Head.
Owl's Head and Jay Peak from Mt Orford
Note: make sure to maximize the pic size to see it proprely

Last edited:
SherpaKroto said:
If you look at this view of Mont Owl's Head (left) and Jay (right) looking south from Mt Orford, it becomes quite plausible that the unknown mountain is Owl's Head. Focus on the small peak with the branch covering it. The profile looks quite similar to the small peak in the left of your picture. I'd go with Owl's Head.
Owl's Head and Jay Peak from Mt Orford
Note: make sure to maximize the pic size to see it proprely

Thanks for the help. Could you repost the link? It didn't work for me.