Where can I buy one hiking pole?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dug said:
There was an article recently in the Boston Globe (I posted the link on here) about consumers abusing the return policies of stores, and how it costs millions of dollars a year. To think we all don't pay for that is nieve. If they are just giving away a percentage of their product, then they have to charge us all to recover that cost to make a profit. Hey, to each their own.
Agreed. Losing a pole is the user's fault, not the manufacturer's. Breaking a pole could be either the user's or the manufacturer's fault--returned broken poles allow the manufacturer to determine the weak points and perhaps improve the design.

Doug

I'm grateful that I can still pick up a free hiking stick in the woods anytime I get the urge to use a pole. They are also recyclable but somehow I find myself with close to a dozen of my "favorites" leaning against the wall of the garage awaiting selection for the next trek.

A few years ago when I bought a pair of Lekis for a gift I seem to recall they were sold individually. I know that on occasion I borrow one of my son's Lekis, from a pair which he received as a gift a few years ago. ;) His girlfirend also borrows one from time to time. This does not prove you can buy them individually but it does make a case that you can use them individually. :)

Stan said:
A few years ago when I bought a pair of Lekis for a gift I seem to recall they were sold individually. I know that on occasion I borrow one of my son's Lekis, from a pair which he received as a gift a few years ago. ;) His girlfirend also borrows one from time to time. This does not prove you can buy them individually but it does make a case that you can use them individually. :)

Stan - I have a vague recollection also of a single pole. I think they do too, but it's more like a staff. I think it has a removable knob that covers a camera mount, so then you're slepping the Hasselhoff you get a better shot.

As other mentioned - call/write Leki. We have dealt with them directly and through EMS and recieved excellent customer service each and every time. We will be contacting them soon as one of our poles bent on our hike this weekend and we need the middle section replaced.

Tell them that you lost a pole and want to purchase just one. If they choose to send you one for free, that is not return abuse - you are veing very upfront with them. A far cry from the person we saw at EMS returning a tent that clearly had been used many times saying they didn't like it and wanted a differant model.

FYI - the latest set we bought has a black or white dot on the top to mark right or left as well as having mirror images for the straps.

Asolo - No Go

So, I tried to call Asolo and tell them I lost a boot, and where could I find another (left preferably). They did not offer to send me a new one.

Thank you for all the input. I did contact Leki and, although they are great about providing assistance for damaged poles, they won't sell me a replacement. I didn't expect them to do that, nor do I blame them for this policy.

I have also contacted several mail order houses and stores to no avail. I think the only way that would work is if one was lucky enough to ask the question when they happen to have a single pole around fro some strange reason.

Leki and most other trekking pole manufacturers do sell single poles, but these are termed walking staffs. I will look into this option. Although I won't have a matched set, it might be possible to find one that is similar. I need to research the difference between traditional trekking poles and walking staffs.

Kurchian said:
I have also contacted several mail order houses and stores to no avail. I think the only way that would work is if one was lucky enough to ask the question when they happen to have a single pole around fro some strange reason.
Check out the next REI garage sale--they often have poles on sale. You might be able to find a pair with one good and one damaged pole.

Doug

Leki is a good pole but I question the motivation of only selling pairs of poles. Perhaps there is another manufacturer still in the business of serving it's market.