WMNF Website Redesigned

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest Backcountry camping rules are now here:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5363715.pdf

Obvious, right? :rolleyes: Actually it's only about four clicks deep from the landing page, under "dispersed camping" which as best as I can recall the old site, is an improvement. This document gets updated about once a year anyway, but not stored at a consistent URL, so I learned my lesson a few years back: all my links to WMNF are indirect, so I have only one page I have to update.

Last edited:
Last edited:
From another thread:

I also used to have a trails website, I added an average of one per week for over two years and eventually had over a hundred.

While the immediate impetus for closing the site was a drastic increase in hosting fees, I had long since given up trying to maintain the sort of quality I wanted (and would hope for in other sites). There were perpetual broken links because NH state parks for example would redo their site every couple years and needlessly change the name of the page about a park when the content was changed. I wanted dynamic map links so people could zoom in/out but the names of the map providers kept changing. Dealing with these issues eventually took all my time.

So this is a fact of life. Curse the bas***ds, fix your links, and move on ;)

I just noticed that Haystack Road is completely missing from the road status page. It's not listed at all, open or closed.

I just noticed that Haystack Road is completely missing from the road status page. It's not listed at all, open or closed.

Yeah, so is Sugarloaf I, Fourth Iron Tentsite, and some other stuff I was trolling around for.

And a lot of the campsites are missing the "open/closed" status...