Zealand Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudwalker

Reaction score
I just read today that the Zealand Road is plowed for the first mile. Is there enough snow left after plowing to ski on or is there an alternate path to follow that avoids the plowed road? I'd like to ski into Zealand Hut but don't want to carry the skis the first mile if at all possible.

Thanks.

Cloudwalker said:
I just read today that the Zealand Road is plowed for the first mile. Is there enough snow left after plowing to ski on or is there an alternate path to follow that avoids the plowed road? I'd like to ski into Zealand Hut but don't want to carry the skis the first mile if at all possible.
Spruce Goose ski trail parallels the first part of the road or you might be able to ski along the side of some parts of the road.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_national_forest/nh/trails/skiing/zealand.htm

If you use the search function on "spruce goose" you will find a number of other threads which may contain useful info.

I've never skied it--there are others on this BBS who have and may chime in with more info.

Doug

Last edited:
On Saturday we skied on the Spruce Goose until the gate about ~1 mile in, the road was great skiing after the gate and Spruce Goose was super. On the way back we were able to ski down the road, no problem at all.

There is also a parallel snowmobile to the E that can (physically) be skied