Windham High Peak - 1/28/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
We participated in a 3500 Club hike today to Windham High Peak. It was above freezing the entire hike. It was mostly sunny with a few stray clouds. The winds were almost dead calm, even at the summit. There was some haze off in the distance.

This is a fairly short hike, about 6.5 miles roundtrip. It's also a nice easy grade almost the entire way. There were a few icy spots, but mostly, there was just a dusting to a few inches of snow on the trail. There were even a few bare patches here and there.

Club trips are usually slow, and this one was no exception. But this was not a problem, as we were in no rush. We got to the summit in about 2.5 hours, ate lunch at one of the view points, and walked down in about 2 hours. I almost left my pole at the Lean-to, but I realized only about 200 yards down the trail. A quick run back and I was all set again.

On the + side of club trips, you get to meet a lot of new people, and the conversation was interesting to say the least! :D

All in all, a very nice day for a nice leisurely hike!