Water between Pierce & Eisenhower?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogberry

Reaction score
The AMC White Mountain Guide mentions a stream in the col between Pierce and Eisenhower. Is this a reliable source in general? Anyone know its current condition?

I suppose Mizpah Spring Hut is probably the nearest alternative, which I noticed from Rocket21's post is now open for self service.

Thanks!
dogberry

The AMC White Mountain Guide mentions a stream in the col between Pierce and Eisenhower. Is this a reliable source in general? Anyone know its current condition?

I suppose Mizpah Spring Hut is probably the nearest alternative, which I noticed from Rocket21's post is now open for self service.

Thanks!
dogberry
FWIW, last fall we found lots of water there, in a moderate dry spell.

Its usually a reliable stream fed by drainage off of Eisenhower. Its not a "spring" (i.e. water suddenly appearing from the ground), so its up to you on your choice or to purify or not to purify

Edmands Path:

The WMG says there is a "small brook" near the treeline on the Edmands Path. A search here reveals an opinion that it's "unreliable."

Can anyone comment on its usual reliability, and maybe even on its current status? We're headed up in a li'l bit, and I can't remember from younger days.

Bring all you need, or bottle & filter?

Thanks,

--M.