Dorset via atv path 1-14-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombadil

Reaction score
1-14-13
I couldn't believe my eyes as I pulled into the parking area for Dorset at 1500 feet to see zero snow in the woods/fields. The southern exposure and semi-low altitude worked their magic I see. After 15 or so minutes the woods/trail had nearly complete snow coverage and I erred in putting on snowshoes around 1850. The snow would come and go up until a little ways past the cabin and the stream crossing that follows, that's the point at which I took off the snowshoes on the descent. Pretty wet and sloppy snow following ski tracks up to the col, there the snow was freezing up but still packing down a little despite the heavy snowmobile traffic. Thanks to those that recently cleared some blowdowns on the path up to the false summit, as a result there's zero major blowdowns to be found and only a couple super minor ones down low. Cannister was frozen solid. Snow depth looked pretty meager up at ~3800, least amount of snow I've seen all season.

Pat
pcushing21 at yahoo dot com