Lylah's First Hike...With Her Own Two Feet! Stratham Hill Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksearl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here. It's from an outing to Stratham Hill Park, not a mountain, but definitely memorable. My daughter hiked up the hill on her own, without me carrying her. It was really a special moment, mostly because she smiled the whole way up. She did such a good job and I was really proud. Here's the blog post on it and some pictures from the trek. Again, I hope you guys don't mind me posting but figured many of you with young kids could relate!

http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.com/2013/05/lylahs-first-hike-with-her-own-two-feet.html

02-DSC_0092.JPG

Lylah, very focused on getting to the top!

09-IMG_0573.JPG

Lincoln Trailhead

01-DSC_0089.JPG

The munchkin again!

03-DSC_0093.JPG

Wood Anemone

05-DSC_0121.JPG

Need some help on this one...not sure what kind of flower this is.

04-DSC_0103.JPG

Tower as seen from the Lincoln Trail

06-DSC_0125.JPG

Close up of the tower...looks like they did some work to it recently (paint for sure).

07-DSC_0131.JPG

Lylah playing on the mileage dial. We typically don't let her play on stuff like this, but we were so happy with her hiking up, I made an exception...please don't think I'm a bad parent :)

08-DSC_0142.JPG

Fun in the park after the hike!

I have a 4 year old and I loved it! Go Lylah! Our daughter's first full hike to a destination was probably to Mountain Pond Shelter. The road has since been closed due to Irene. :-( Her first actual mountain was Pack Monadnock last year. We've been exploring a NH, VT, ME Hikes with Kids book for more ideas. This past weekend she hiked Pine Mountain. So fun, isn't it! Hope to see you out there some time!

Way to start them, for sure. She is so cute and looks to be having a great time in the pics. I enjoying hearing of her triumph and yours.

That's how I started with my kids....did some fire towers to give them something to anticipate at the top. They loved it and then as they could handle it, we moved up. Love the pics!!!!