Four Thousand Footer Committee / Grid: Peaks Will Not Count during COVID-19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From an email from Hiker Ed:

Hi Tim

Our governor has lightened the New Hampshire "Stay at Home" order effective May 4. The USFS has
also lightened restrictions on trail heads and campsites, etc.

The following message will be posted on the Home Page of our Grid website. Could you please post it
on VFTT.

Effective May 4, 2020 the moratorium on trails and peaks for "All" lists on our website
web pages is lifted. Moratorium is "Ended".

Thanks,

And, Take Care

Ed

Tim

Your kidding. Let's see: sunshine spectrum which includes UV-c that destroys virus; Outside with fantastic ventilation; and Extreme spacing. How's that detrimental? Must be more bureaucratic reg. Govs in NJ, NY, PA are being sued for overstepping.

ps - this may be a bit dated if conditions have changed.

The "Grid Trust" will support and observe the "Hiker Moratorium" in New Hampshire.
All lists. This will continue "Through to the end of the New Hampshire Corvid-19 [sic]
Stay at Home Order
A friend of my son’s wants to finish his NH 48 list. He asked if the “moratorium “ is over yet. I didn’t have an answer for him. Does anyone know?🤷*♂️

Hopefully soon, I hadn't thought about it as any grid work is just my own as I am interested in about 30 X 12, I have no interest in 12 Zealand or Owl's Head trips. My son OTOH might want to count them, he's just 17 though and not list chasing at this point. If he decides later to be a peakbagger, he can do them again. The ones we are looking at have great views and are, IMO, doing over and over.

The "Grid Trust" will support and observe the "Hiker Moratorium" in New Hampshire.
All lists. This will continue "Through to the end of the New Hampshire Corvid-19 [sic]
Stay at Home Order
A friend of my son’s wants to finish his NH 48 list. He asked if the “moratorium “ is over yet. I didn’t have an answer for him. Does anyone know?��*♂️

Grid is recognizing peaks now. 4000-footer committee is not. Your best bet is probably to watch their website http://www.amc4000footer.org/ and/or FB page. NH stay-at-home is currently set to expire on June 15; I probably wouldn't expect any change between now and then.

6/1/20: COVID-19 Update IV ….
Four Thousand Footer Committee Statement

The AMC Four Thousand Footer Committee will resume counting ascents of peaks after June 5, 2020. We ask that all hikers follow this guidance: 1. Do not go hiking if you or someone you have been exposed to within 14 days has symptoms of, or has tested positive for, COVID-19. 2. Only hike where trails are open and where travel is permitted to those trails. 3. Abide by the restrictions on movement as defined by the state(s) where your activity will take place and the state you travel from. Learn about and do not travel between restricted and unrestricted areas. 4. Prepare for and follow any expectations defined by the manager of the recreational resource where your activity will take place including restricted hours for access, limited parking, closures for restrooms, group size limits, safety, and Leave No Trace requirements. Every hiker needs to venture into the mountains with full knowledge that rescue services are limited. Expect snow and ice at higher elevations, and prepare accordingly. Properly consider your readiness and travel with the Ten Essentials.

Source: http://www.amc4000footer.org/

Tim

6/1/20: COVID-19 Update IV ….
Four Thousand Footer Committee Statement

The AMC Four Thousand Footer Committee will resume counting ascents of peaks after June 5, 2020. We ask that all hikers follow this guidance: 1. Do not go hiking if you or someone you have been exposed to within 14 days has symptoms of, or has tested positive for, COVID-19. 2. Only hike where trails are open and where travel is permitted to those trails. 3. Abide by the restrictions on movement as defined by the state(s) where your activity will take place and the state you travel from. Learn about and do not travel between restricted and unrestricted areas. 4. Prepare for and follow any expectations defined by the manager of the recreational resource where your activity will take place including restricted hours for access, limited parking, closures for restrooms, group size limits, safety, and Leave No Trace requirements. Every hiker needs to venture into the mountains with full knowledge that rescue services are limited. Expect snow and ice at higher elevations, and prepare accordingly. Properly consider your readiness and travel with the Ten Essentials.

Source: http://www.amc4000footer.org/

Tim
Very reasonable requirements. Easy to abide by. Thanks ��