ADK Bushwhacking Anyone? 3 peaks 7/13-14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs00

Reaction score
Little Moose #63, Cellar #64, Wakely #65 -

Myself and Nick (my son) will be headed in for 2 days in the Moose River Plains to knock off these three ADK 100 peaks next week. We will be driving in to the Moose River Plains in the AM of 7/13 and hiking Little Moose that day.

We will then car camp that night in one of the many site along that road. We will get up early and hike Cellar and then Wakely on 7/14. (or vice versa, as it makes no dif to us).

Little Moose and Cellar are bushwhacks (Cellar is short) and Wakely is trailed.

Let me know if you are interested in any of these hikes. :)

Would love to join you for Little Moose, but am unavailable for your time slot. Actually, I was thinking of 2007 for Little Moose, as land restrictions to the east (Little Moose Club lands) will be lifted by then, and that side seems to offer the best approach. Marshes, rivers, thick spruce and cliffs on the other three sides seem problematical. Will be interested to see how you tackle it.
JT

We did Lil' Moose in May. We came in from the north on what started out as an old tote road, and got more primitive as we went. Couple of beaver dams to jump, and the woods and trip to the summit went well.
In terms of distance and effort, it would be hard to imagine it easier from any other direction.

PB