Mt Adams is Holy Mountain of 19 in world

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Brownie

Finally, a bit more of the mystery has been solved for me, or is this just the begining? :confused:

Mt Adams in the heart of the Presidentials is apparently a selected site for one of 19 Holy Mountains as "charged" by the strange and mysterious Aetherius Society as listed here on this site of the 19 peaks in the world. (new list?)
Thanks to a post on VFTT, I only learned of this community today.

Flash back 1981:
Bill and I, 18 years old, are hiking the Presis traverse for the first time and experiencing quite a thrill over the large summits. As we head up the ramparts of Mt Adams, we see many folks dressed in white robes. There are groups of people all over the mountain, off-trail, and confused us which way to go. It looked like a free for all!
When we summited Adams, we saw chanting groups in prayer and I thought it looked like something wild out of Tibet.
Over on Mt Sam Adams, to the west, was a group of at least 100 in circle prayer.
Wow, these guys are serious. They were all blessing the vast quartz deposits.
I asked someone about the group and was told this peak was a "power point" for pilgrimage prayer.

I never really grasped the whole concept of spiritual prayer until much later in life...when I really needed it.

Fast forward 10 years 1991:
Due to family illness, I climbed to this area for a new quest, that of serenity and prayer.
I stayed at the Perch tent site many times before, but this was a new quest of sorts.
While camping out, I could not believe the number of other folks coming there to pray for various reasons and eventually this grew on me for many years to come.

Present day:
I find myself going to the region, often staying nearby at Madison Hut.
Still not understanding why, I some how feel safe, even in stormy weather.
I can't explain. It just feels "right".

So, is this why I climb the same peak 50 times?
I have another trip up Kings Ravine this weekend with the AMC.
The Annual Pilgrimage.

These are just some passing thoughts of a mysterious peak which I have felt compelled to keep in my life at least once each year. Not to mention that its probably the toughest peak to climb in the Whites.
I laughed :p , I cried :( , I prayed :rolleyes: , I angered :mad: , I loved :) , I left with serenity and to keep my own faith in myself.

I don't think I'll be signing up with these Aetherius folks, but its just glad to know someone else is still out there doing it all too...official. :cool:
The UFO thing really kind of spooked me!
And Life on Mars :eek: ?????? These people are really out there!!
Maybe I am being programed like the "Close Encounters of a 3rd Kind", compelled to get to Devil's Tower! :confused:

So, anybody got experiences to share?
If you don't want to express inner personal experiences to an internet group board's vulnerability, that's understandable.
I just stuck my butt out in hopes to maybe hear from others.
Drop a PM, if you like or post away public.

I just thought it was all good topic of interest, humor, positive vibe thing or whatever?
Hey! We got us a Holy Mountain! ;)

Brownie

Last edited:
First of all, don't worry about what others think. Small minds have a very narrow perspective, and, I think, miss a lot of what's around them because they just don't, won't or can't open up. And, sadly, to protect themselves they become defensive and deny anything and everything that isn't mainstream and conventional.

I've read about the Aetherius Society and can't say their philosophy resonates with me. However, I absolutely believe that there are power spots on earth - places where the energy level can be perceived by some as of a different quality and hence useful as a place to recharge, to jog conventional mind games, or to for a while reach a higher spiritual level. Evidently Mt. Adams does that for you. I wouldn't worry about the relationship of the Aetherius Society to Adams. For you, Adams would likely have been a power spot before the Aetherius Society said it was, no ?

The thing about power spots is that in many cases they've been there for a very long time and were known to be power spots by indigenous people. I don't have the affinity for Adams that you do, but I do feel that way about Sleeping Giant, in Connecticut. Sleeping Giant was a power spot of the native Americans long before European colonization. I guess I've been there over a hundred times in the last 30 years, and each time I go I leave refreshed and renewed. There are a lot of power spots in the southwest - Chacho Canyon is a good example, but there are many more. If you study this stuff, you'll see that power spots are often near or on top of mountains, though certainly not always. And as I said, they also are often associated with prehistoric people (i.e. before 2,000 BC or so). Stonehenge, which is now believed to have begun being built around 3,000 BC, is well known as a power spot. The two times I've been there made me agree with that.

I'm happy for you that Adams is a place of renewal and peace. There are many people who get similar feelings from such places. Call them power spots or not, they do exist. And don't worry - you're not alone.

Good post (and that is coming from a very nonspiritual person.) If you find peace and strength on Adams (or anywhere for that matter) it is great for you. I have never felt that way, but many do and it makes there lives complete and whole. We are all different and experience life in different ways.

My main feelings ascending Adams were pain, misery and when does it end!? :D