4days in Adirondacks, 17-4K's?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, PinPin, for the extremely useful advice. This will give me an opportunity to pour over my map and help me to see what's what. :)

My priority is conditioning for a marathon I plan to run March 12th through the streets of Seoul, S. Korea. Whether I carry a pack or not won't matter much as far as that goes. Either way will be a strength and endurance workout.

The day trips would be more fun, easier. An overnight would call on more survival skills and spiritual ponderings of the "what the heck am I doing" type. And, "Did I just hear an axe sound in the woods?" Seriously I may need to seek God's grace and peace as we spin into a new year ;)

But now that you have given me an excellent itinerary I can play and figure out which way to start out. PinPin if you can join in for a day or two that would be great. Maybe we could consider shooting for the less likeky hiked routes, or maybe you could help me make an interior connection between some of these day routes. I could save some energy by soloing the highways and sharing trailbreaking on the slightly less used trails.

Maybe Albee can join in for a day or two. He's got those funny snowshoes with the narrow tails built for speed. :) Pete are you up for any of this? I sure miss your Nepal prayer flags. ;) Sorry your on call over New Years CrazyDave. I hope you don't get called in. :rolleyes:

....later thoughts....

Well Junior after looking at the map of your proposed day routes I do have a couple of questions.

1. You are thinking there's only 24Hrs in a day right?

2. Are these the routes that are usually preferred by day hikers?

3. Can I overnight, shower etc. at the Ausable Club?

4. What's the preferred route to bag the Haystack through Saddleback chain? What are the chances that the path between Gothics and Saddleback will have some reminiscence of a broken trail? Granted 4 feet of fresh fallen snow can alter all plans.

I still need to look at the mileage and elevation changes, but my initial impression is that these days will stretch into nights.

I may want to try to overnight on Gothics or Saddleback New Years Eve. I figure every body else will have better things to do. That's if the mountains are linkable and not going to be an 8Hr. struggle to bridge.

Thanks again for this schedule that could leave me more lame than a marathon by the end of it. Beaner :)

Thanks to everybody for bearing with my nincompoopness. :)

Last edited: