Adirondack Snowline - Late April

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs00

Reaction score
Tried looking through the TR's and I coundn't find specifically what I looking for.

I plan on doing a little bushwhacking this weekend (under 4000'), and I'm just curious to know where the current snowline is (roughly). A few weeks ago it was about 2800', but I can imagine this recent warm stretch has done some significant damage to that.

We (son and I) will of course have crampons and snowshoes so as not to get turned back, just wondering if anyone has some "on the ground" data for snow in the High Peaks region from this last week, particularly southern exposure slopes. Thanks.

Yes we definetily would like to know so we dont lug those huge things up the mountain for nothing (or rent them, for me). :rolleyes:

still plenty of deep snow as of saturday - was firm but it has been a warm few days so far, so it may be getting mushy - - - did tabletop - had a nice day and only saw 4 others on the trail - even hanging out on marcy dam for 1.5 hours... only two hikers passed by.