Anyone have the North Face Solo 12 Tent?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pammy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that has the North Face Solo 12 Tent could tell me if this is the case with their tent? I just purchased the North Face Solo 12 Tent. When I feed the orange pole through the sleeve, it's extremely hard to get it into the color coordinated grommets/tabs. I feel like the pole is going to break I have to bend it so much. Is it supposed to be this tight, or could there be an issue with the tent I purchased? If I don't put the pole through the sleeve, it fits into the color coordinated grommets/tabs easily. The other pole fits in much easier, which I understand may be because it's a longer pole so there's more flexibility.

Thanks!
Pam

Were you setting it up in the cold? I have noticed a lot of tents set up much harder when the material is cold.......

The tent is brand new and I was just setting it up in my Living Room. So, cold definitely wasn't an issue. :)

maybe it was made to be tough to set up in order to guarentee a nice tight tent when done. The tighter the tent, the less likely you are to rub up against it when inside (and therefore reducing the likelyhood of water entering in the event it is raining.)