Bluebird day on Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gforce

Reaction score
Hiked Moosiluake on 11/25/06 to burn off some Thanksgiving calories. Trail conditions very good, only very small patches of ice, not much mud either. One large blow down. Gorge brook, snapper, carraige road, gorge brook. Nothing exceptional except for the exceptionally clear and blue sky. A real blue bird day as my friend Brian says. We arrived at the trail head early (someone was parked seemingly overnight in the middle of the turnaround...) and summitted with a very quick time of 2 hours. It was so warm and pleasant on top and the views were so spectacular that we ended up staying on the summit for 1.5 hrs. and could have easily dozed off for a nice nap. The last time I was on Moosilauke exactly one year ago it was cold, cloudy, and so windy we had to shelter laying down behind the old foundation. When we got down to the lodge there were more cars then I have ever seen there. Standard hike but this day will stand out due to the beautiful late fall conditions.

Glenn