Bootfitter in Central/Eastern MA?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weatherman

Reaction score
South Metro Denver Avatar: Basin Ponds Bullwinkl
Hi all -
A friend of mine with kind of funny shaped feet/ankles has a son who is in Scouts and gradually doing longer hikes. My friend wants to get into hiking after many years off (he was an Army Ranger a long time ago) but can't do more then 3-4 miles without a lot of foot pain and blisters. I took one look at his feet and winced after our last hike. If I were him, I would have started walking on my knees/hands/head/tongue... anything but feet the last mile!

Any good recommendations for an expert bootfitter within 50 miles of Worcester MA? Maybe a visit to a podiatrist is in order, and I know some good ones, but that's wicked expensive. Thanks.

Weatherman

Maybe a visit to a podiatrist is in order, and I know some good ones, but that's wicked expensive. Thanks.

Weatherman

This is one of those issues where it could take a small, inexpensive fix or it could take years of trial and error to figure it out. Blisters may mean nothing other than he needs to hike more in those boots. Or he might need custom boots or prescription orthotics properly made and professionally sized boots.

My next pair of boots will be from Limmer as I'm tired of screwin around with boots that never fit quite right. Don't know if I'll need customs or not. I'd suggest he go there for a fitting. He doesn't have to buy and he might learn a lot about what he does need.

Lots of little wrong fixes can be more expensive than one right one. I've been there/done that.

bootfitting

PM sent. I may be able to help.

Chip, if you find a good bootfitter it doesn't take many years of trial and error. One can find custom footbeds much cheaper than orthotics from a podiatrist. Professionally sized boots are very important not necessarily custom boots.

Jim

Chip, if you find a good bootfitter it doesn't take many years of trial and error.

I agree. That's my new approach.

One can find custom footbeds much cheaper than orthotics from a podiatrist.

Also agree, but it was my experience (during my years of trials and errors) that the prescription orthotics actually helped.