Bridal Veil Falls via Coppermine Trail 4/4/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison ivy

Reaction score
Trail Conditions: Coppermine Trail ranged from very icy, to a solid snow monorail to muddy to underwater! As you'd expect the brook was running high.... but crossing near the shelter was doable (with care, be careful at the "ice shelf" at the edge of the brook, some of which broke off while I was crossing to get over to the falls.) Bridal Veil Falls was really pretty with a little bit of blue ice along the side.

Equipment: Microspikes would work good for the icy spots near the beginning of the trail. (I barebooted without a whole lot of trouble, but I would have been able to hike a lot faster with traction.) You'll definitely want waterproof boots.

Comments: I'd never hiked to the falls before.... it was really pretty and I'll definitely return. If anyone would like to share, I'd love to know the location of the plaque... I don't know if it was snow-covered or I was looking in the wrong place. A worthwhile trip in any case!

Last edited: