Carrigan on Sunday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruddy Toes

Reaction score
What a beautiful day for a hike with Stinkyfeet

Stinkyfeet and I had nonstop dialog for the entire day, except for the few times that we passed other hikers- then we were quick to kid them in one way or another. We definately came up with the cures to all the world's ills

The trail was in great shape despite the damage that had been inflicted by the storm 2 1/2 weeks ago- looked as though someone had gotten out and did some work

Sawyer River road being opened allowed easy access to the trailhead. River crossings presented a little bit of a challenge- But Stinky rose to the occasion- not getting her feet wet till the very last crossing just before the trip was done- AND she was clad in RUNNING SHOES- who said winter was upon us???

No pictures this trip- left, or should I say "forgot" the camera in the car for safeguarding of moose shot taken in Crawford Notch

Last edited:
Nonstop dialogue? Moi?

The running shoes were Montrail Hurricane Ridges which are Gore-tex (read: kinda sorta water resistant). There wasn't a whole lot of snow on the Signal Ridge Trail--and what was there was packed down well--so the Montrails w/mini gaiters worked fine. I did carry boots in my pack, too, just in case. There was no need for snowshoes or crampons on Carrigain yesterday, & we didn't bring either (did bring creepers though).

The trail still has a few blowdowns and still lots of bent over trees which'll be reeeeal fun this winter if we get much snow.

We contemplated dropping down the Desolation Trail & going back through Carrigain Notch but in the end opted instead for an afternoon shopping foray in North Conway. :)

Wished that I could have joined you two, but I was at the Tsongas Arena with 1000 screaming chearleaders and 3000 screaming parents/relatives/friends. :eek: I think that Carrigain would have been much more peaceful... :)

They won, so next up is the Worcester Centrum YIKES!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Last edited: