Cliff on 3/13th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alistair

Reaction score
My original proposed assault on Cliff is being postponed until Sunday 3/13. I'm hoping to have enough climbers to break the winter trail up from Flowwed Lands.
Are you interested?

Reconsider

You may want to reconsider your plans. My group of four hikers did Marshall, Redfield and Cliff this past weekend (3/4-3/5). We broke trail on all three peaks and the toughest thing we did all weekend was come down from Cliff through the "winter" route. I believe we came down in the right place, having never done it before, but the descent was horrible. Pin Pin commented last week that you probably don’t want to do it due to spruce traps; well he wasn’t kidding. There is so much blow down covered with four feet of snow that it was totally exhausting just going down hill. Granted, it’s broke out now, but I’m sure it would still suck. Do yourself a favor and hike around to the normal trail. We broke that out and it wasn’t too bad.

We will be a group of 5 and we plan on going up and down via the Flowed Lands "route". If you want to do Cliff you just have to leave the UW TH a couple of hours after us (we're leaving at 8 on Sunday) and you should have a paved highway right to the top with all the spruce traps clearly indicated with huge sitz marks.
If you plan on going Saturday well I guess we won't mind. :D

Not unless we get very lost.

Thanks

It was a pleasure hiking with your group on Sunday. Neil, thanks for helping me fix my snowshoe. You saved my trip. It was nice to meet everyone. If you email your mailing address to me, I will send you a copy of my pictures. Thanks again and see you on the trail. Mike