Cumulative Elevation Gain and Miles: Lincoln Woods to Skookumchuck Parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImYourHuckleberry

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know the total distance and the cumulative elevation gain of a traverse between Lincoln Woods and the Skookumchuck parking lot? I've searched and failed although I'm sure it's been done frequently.

I don't have the numbers handy at the moment but you can add up the mileage and gain in the AMC White Mountain Guide using the stats for the various trails involved in this route.

Use the "Profile" tool in CalTopo and draw it. It is usually a little low for mileage. Looks to be about 14.2 miles and 5400 ft vertical.
It may not be accurate, but at least it's consistent. I miss AMC Online. Really wish they had kept that.

Attachments

• Captur.JPG
    Captur.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1
It may not be accurate, but at least it's consistent. I miss AMC Online. Really wish they had kept that.
I don't find it to be that bad. Maybe 6-8% low?? I suppose it depends on exactly how you draw the line. Sometimes selecting the points can be a bit clumsy with the lag responding, especially if you are trying to draw a large route with a lot of map showing and you have to hold a point and slide the map. I usually do it in segments and then just tally it up the old fashioned way - with a piece of paper and a pen. :)