Grace attempt 02-15.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi readers,

I start my weekend with a double goal: Grace & Hough and Couche!! :cool:

When I read the trail report for Sawteeth with this sentence the snow is more difficult of last weekend, Junior tell me "We have a lot a work in front Us!" :rolleyes:

Early Friday with the Queen We take the decision to go by the Bouquet approach for Us and also for Peggy (She need only Grace to finish her 3th winter round and Junior made a promess to help her last time We meet her in Allen).

It was in the cloud and without view, notting old tracks, around 12" of new snow. We start to count the steps near the road and after 1,000 We cross the River at the usual place.

Not very late after I trust my memory and go up in the right, at this time We stay near a brook and I was thinking it was the main brook!!

2,000 steps after We can not recognize nothing. I take my map ang compass and make a attempt to see where We are. We take a bearing and go in South-East direction. After a other 2,000 steps We are in a small col with big mountains in a stoboscope view in all direction without the possibility to locate one mountain in particular!! :eek:

We had not other choice to come back near the place where We crossed the Bouquet river!!!

We made it and restart with smat decision to stay in a visual contact with the river. Few time after We need to cross a small affluent and go down it the flowed land, now We know where We are and We need to progress in the good direction.

We stay with the compass to be sure do not make a other mistake.
We past near the a small pond and up the small hile.
With the same bearing We catch the usual place where the path start near the campsite. The Queen stay with me for a other1,000 steps and She take the decision to turn around.

With a slow pace, step by step We stay in lef side of the river and near 4,000 steps later we are at the buton of my usual place to go up or down, exactely at the last water drain between Grace and Spotted mountains.

At this time the sky is cover only by the nice white cloud and the nippletop Grace summit but his white tonge in my direction :p with a big smile...the enemy is here but it is after 2 oclock. I know with the snow condition We will need a lot of time to summit........

O.K. but tomorrow We will see who will stay with the big smile.

We take the decision to turn back.

Without trouble We returned and make the arrows in the snow fot the next day.

We are a surprise to see peoples showelled 2 parking places near the bridge.

We stay with a good attitude: 1 for the mountain 0 for Junior. :(

I also receipt this lesson don't trust your brain, stay modest and use map and compass in the without view situation.

We check the forecast with a bad surprise a very warm temperatue with rain for Monday, the window is a little bite narrow for the double goal...but tomorrow is a other day!!!!

Pinpin Junior