Hiking & Sea Kayaking in Costa Rica

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catskillclimber

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to go to Costa Rica last week and do some hiking and kayaking in the Papagayo gulf. Hiking through the jagged cliffs and along the sea shore of the Pacific takes you over volcanic rock and through forests populated by iguanas, and howler monkeys. It can be difficult keeping your balance at times on the volcanic rock when howler monkeys are throwing their crap at you! With the most progressive environmental conservation program in the world and travel packages about half of what the caribbean is I urge anyone with the means to go before this place is overrun, especially if you have a passion for sea kayaking. Happy spring everyone.

bobandgeri said:
Come on - don't tease us - where are the pics!!!

I agree-I want to see those crap-throwing howler monkeys! :D
Seriously, Ryan, sounds like an amazing trip. I've heard a lot of great things about Costa Rica, glad you went. We'll have to discuss that if we ever finally hike the Catskills together. I'm just getting over a nasty cold, but I'll be back up there ASAP.

Matt

I was in Costa Rica earlier this year and have to agree with you that its a beautiful country. I did not go sea kayaking but went scuba diving, hiking, canyoning, white water rafting, hot springs and horse back riding. I was on the pacific coast (Hermosa and Tamarindo), around the Arenal volcano and the Sarapuiqui sp? River. I can't wait to go back. I would like to see the Atlantic Coast side, dive Cocos Island, and see more of the soutehrn part of the counrty. It seems like they are managing their development fairly well but it seems like there is alot of development.