Lake Rd. PA Dacks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catskillclimber

Reaction score
Hope everyones enjoying the fall hiking. Has anyone here car camped at Lake Rd. PA? I will be getting to the parking area this coming weekend around 11 pm or so and hiking Sawteeth the next day. Friday or Saturday depending on the weather report mid-week or so. Any ideas would be great. I hear it is a great fall hike. Anyone else have similar plans? Enjoy the weather.
Ryan

Ryan, I don't believe you can camp there. I think that lot is Ausable Club property/Adirondack Mountain Reserve. There are other places fairly close to camp but I don't know exactly where. I believe there area some free sites near the Roaring Brook Trailhead. Wherever you stay, it should be a nice hike. The colors are starting to really come in and it should peak within a week or two.

Matt

Don't do it. We got a talking to one morning because we were talking to another car and debating on hiking and a ranger came over and said that we needed to go into town because he could take us in to court .....

I usually stay across the street at the Giant parking lot. Then in the morning move to there.