Mt Eisenhower, Mt Pierce, Mt Jackson 4-21-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IQuest

Reaction score
Trails: Crawford Path, Mt Eisenhower Loop, Webster Cliff Tr, Webster-Jackson(branch) TR, Saco Lake Tr

Special Equipment: Light Traction

Comments: After sneaking a parking spot at the Highland Center, Marlie and I headed up the Crawford Path. I put on my Microspikes at the Crawford Connector and they would stay on for the rest of the hike. I brought the snowshoes but never used them. I did not see anyone else even carrying them today. I did see some DEEP post holes. Ther is still 4 feet of snow in spots so the snowshoes may still be useful if it softens up. I met three people about 2 miles up the Crawford Path and then saw no one on the way to Eisenhower nor all the way back to Pierce and south until just below the summit of Mt Jackson. It was awesome to have this section of trail to myself. Even on Mt Jackson I had the summit to myself the whole time I was there. The clouds had cleared by now and the sun was shining. It was still windy but just south of the summit we were able to get almost completely out of the wind. We descended along the Jackson branch of the Webster Jackson Tr and returned to US302. Along the way I took about 45 limbs off of a large spruce that had fallen in line with the trail. This tree was located jut above a friendly snowman. Intsead of walking the road I took the Saco Lake Tr which is the same distance and much more enjoyable IMO. It was a great day out.

NETC: http://www.newenglandtrailconditions.com/nh/viewreport.php?entryid=12358