Mt Garfield fot48

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freighttrain48

Reaction score
I decided to head up Garfield to check out the flags on the 48. I was in a wedding the day before so I couldn't have committed to being on a flag team because I wasnt sure I would been able to make it. I needed Garfield for my list and I thought it would be a great place to check out some flags and I was right!

We arrived at the trailhead at about 8:30 and by the time everyone was ready it was 9am and we were off in running. The Mt Garfield trail was very nice. Starts off very gentle crossing a couple brooks that gave us no problems and then a snowmobile trail. The trail continues to ascend gentle of easy to sometimes rocky footing and before we new it we were at the Garfield Ridge trail. From here it was a quick .2 up some steeper sections, none of which were difficult to a nice open top full of Patriotic Hikers enjoying a nice breezy day on top. They Say pictures are worth a thousand words but I didnt take any yesterday. I did however take a good amount of video. I shot this hike on a contour hd camera I bought for Splitboarding but i figured it would be cool to make hiking movies with it so here is the link to my first hiking movie. I have one to put together from my jefferson sunrise hike which will be up soon I just have to find the time to edit it!! 33 out of the 48 are done!!

here is the link to the video

http://youtu.be/cjnxKL4dIWw

Last edited:
Garfield from West Bond at 4.0 miles

132.JPG