Mt. Isolation Dayhike Saturday 10/2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juls

Reaction score
It's one of those peaks that you must conquer to complete your 48's. A few of us are planning on doing the hike this Saturday and will be leaving the trailhead at 7:00. It's about 14 miles and will take 9-9 1/2 hours so we want to get an early start. If interested in joining us let me know and I will give you more details.

It will be a long day so it's nice to have people to talk to along the way. The more the merrrier...

We're doing the Rocky Branch Trail, Isolation Trail, Davis Path to the summit. Return the same way. We decided not to do the loop because it would take too long and it gets dark so early now. We also changed the start time to 8:00. Right now it looks like there will be 4 of us going and we're not car spotting. We're meeting in Ossippee and car pooling from there. Let me know if you're interested in joining us. Weather looks great...

I 'll check with my son who would be joining me on this hike when he gets home from school. We had originally planned on Bondcliff, but neither of us has done Isolation yet and you're right the weather and the leaves should be excellant.

Could we meet you at the trailhead as we live over by Moosilauke?

P.S. My son hikes most peaks under book time, but I don't think he could maintain "race pace". Will that be a problem for the others hiking?

No problem with your son as long as he doesn't think we have to hike just as fast. We're accustomed to hikers going at different paces and checking in with each other along the way. I personally like to hike with people that are faster than me. It keeps me going....

Yes, meeting us at the trailhead is good. You can e-mail me direct if you want at "[email protected]".

Looking forward to hiking with some new people and to the day. Hope you guys can make it.

By the way, we're not race hikers either but generally do under book time. I'm not sure if you meant your son would be slower or faster than the rest of us. Whatever it is, it will not be a problem for this group. We like a little diversity and enjoy hiking with other people.