Mt. Whiteface/Passaconaway 10/11 Monday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juls

Reaction score
A few of us are planning to do Mt. Whiteface/Passaconaway on Monday as long as the weather is clear and dry. If not we plan on doing Mt Carrigain. It's a holiday so what better way of spending the day? We're doing Blueberry Ledge, Rollins to Dicey Mill Trail. It's 11.8 miles with 3800 ft elevation gain and book time is 8 hours. Anyone interested?

Last edited:
We're doing Whiteface first and then going over to Passaconaway. I'm trying to finish up on my 48 peaks so I want to hit them both that same day. There may be someone else who's coming who would prefer to do just one peak. We could all start out together and you guys could just do Whiteface in and out while the rest of us go on to the next peak. Does that work for you?

I've done that loop in every season and fall is my favorite time there. I wish I had the day off and could join you. Enjoy it, I especially love the Rollins ridge traverse and the views down into the bowl.

Arghman I wouldn't call the descent off the cliffs of Whiteface moderate (especially when wet.) You could follow Rollins over the true summit of Whiteface and then continue on to Dicey Mills and descend there....much more friendly on the knees!