Need GPS coordinates for the Dixes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean

Reaction score
I'm leaving for the Dixes tomorrow morning and just found out I lost the bookmark I had for the GPS coordinates of the ADK46 when I replaced my hard drive.

I haven't seen any trail conditions report on this range in a while so I just want to play it safe.

Does anybody have coordinates for Hough, East Dix, South Dix and Macomb? Please specify map datum (WGS84, NAD27, etc.).

By the way, does anybody know if the gate is open for Elk Lake? I know the Lodge opened it in late April last year.
Hoping to save myself a boring section.

Thanks in advance.

I'm new with my topo software, so I hope these are correct. The map datum is NAD83/WGS84, and the waypoints are in Degrees, minutes.minutes---Macomb-44*03.104'N 73*46.808'W---South Dix-44*03.604'N 73*46.458'---East Dix-44*03.920'N 73*45.442'W---Hough-44*04.123'N 73*46.808'W----I hope these are accurate, as I am new to this. I have used waypoints from this program for hiking, and have had a hit and miss record for accuracy. I was dead on the other day on Sawteeth, I had them right for Donaldson, but the waypoints were a half mile off for cliff.