Dix Range 10/10/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLP

Reaction score
I went to the Dix Range on Monday. It was a great fall day for hiking. My goal for the day was to go up Macomb, and take it from there. I wanted to do Macomb, South Dix, East Dix, and Hough. However I started to get a cold saturday night. Ugh. I ended up doing Macomb, South Dix, and East Dix. The trails were in great shape, easy to navigate. Just some minor tree damage on the trails. It wasn't even muddy, a first for me this season in the Adirondacks.

A couple of questions. Coming down from Macomb, and going to South Dix there is a cairn and a T intersection. Where does it lead if you go left? To the Lillian Brook path? I figured out the path to Hough from South Dix right before the summit, but decided to do Hough on a another day. So I could just go the way I did the other day, but it's probably just easier to go up the Lillian Brook path, right? That's marked off the dix trail by a cairn if I remember correctly?

There seemed to be a blocked path before East Dix coming from South Dix. Where does that lead to?

Thanks for the help. Only have Hough and Allen left for the 46.

There seemed to be something going on near the trailhead for elk lake before I got there. There was an ambulance leaving, with a bunch of rangers in the area. Anyone know what happened?