North 50 Miles of AT & Baxter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askus3

Reaction score
Warwick, NY ( 3 miles by crow from Wildcat Shelter
I am leading a trip from Tue. Sept. 7 - Fri. Sept. 17 to Baxter State Park. I have two vacancies left on this trip. I am posting this trip here for those interested in some strenuous hiking. The trip is actually two separate trips rolled into one. You can hike the AT southbound into the 100 Mile Wilderness from 9/8-9/10. Then we will be dayhiking in Baxter park. We have two cabins reserved for four participants each at Daicey Pond. Joining this trip you skip the red tape (this is already done for you), stay in the park (at this point in time it is highly unlikely that you could stay in a cabin during the dates specified), don't mind primitive lodging facilities (no bathroom in the cabin & no running water) and want to climb the Knifes Edge, hike up the three 4,000 footers in Baxter and six peaks on the New England Hundred Highest list plus see alot of other magnificent scenery. If you can deal with a daily dose of 10+ mile hikes with 3000 feet of elevation plus with no backpacking involved, this trip is for you. We are staying for a week to guarantee great weather for the Katahdin & other climbs. We already have six strong hikers going - 4 males & 2 females, so I hope to fill the remaining two openings. Please get back to Aaron Schoenberg - [email protected] if interested.

2 vacancies still - Sept. 7-17

This trip was placed out of radar as my original notice is a month old. I still have two vacancies and this will be the last notice placed here about the trip. Note we now have VFTT member Audrey coming up and we hope to hook up for a hike or two. If weather is good this could be quite an exhilarating trip. Look forward to hearing from you folks.