One Wildkitten 12/20/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jn316

Reaction score
This is more of a non-trip report than a trip report. Or really a non-slip, non-trip report. While waiting for the snow to come or the trail ice to melt (this year sometimes I fear that the second might happen first), I had a few hours to get high, and didn't want to rock-hop over the ice on the trails and risk a slip, or take a trip on a rock with crampons, and wanted to get the most vftt and all the way, so Polecat up Wildcat D proved to be a good choice. It's a nicer walk in July with all the flowers, but with just a dusting of snow it was an easy hour's plod. The little bit of icy/rocky trail from the top of the lift to the observation deck confirmed to me a good decision for the hike, and, of course, the walk down was views all the way, all those familiar ridges and ravines across the street.
I've always liked the Polecat, walking or skiing, the way it curls down the mountain, into the little ravine to the north, then back for a final glide to the bottom, Washington white above.