Owl's Head - Saturday, August 26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMagic

Reaction score
We've organized a small group to visit the recently relocated summit. There's room for a few more to visit the Pemi Wilderness and join us to reach the true summit. This is a fairly long day but a moderate hike with most of the elevation gain on the slide. Round trip is 18 miles, 2,850' elevation and a book time of 11 hours. Optional if the group wishes, is a one hour, easy bushwhack to save time and miles. After the hike we will have food, drink, and joy at the Woodstock Station!

I may be up for a hike Saturday but was wondering about the particulars of this one. What time you guys meeting and plan on hitting the trail? Where ya meeting? What trails are ya planning for this? Just curious. Because I do need Owl's Head.

We'll gear up and leave the Lin-wood Ranger Station parking lot (about 5 miles east of downtown Lincoln on Rte 112) at 8 am. Our route plan is the traditional trails to the summit. We may bushwhack from Black Pond depending on mud conditions. Kindly let me know if you decide to join us. Now a new, true summit with a new routered wooden sign -- a very nice one too!!

Last edited:
Unfortunately my plans have now changed so I'm out. Will have to grab Owl's Head some other day. Thanks for the invite though.