Pharaoh Mt from South

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachand

Reaction score
I am thinking of hiking Pharaoh Mt from the south this weekend. I'm not sure of the trail name but when I did it a few years back there was a ~50 foot section under 4-8 inches of water right at the begining of the trail. Has anyone been in that way recently who could give me an update on whether this area is dry or not?

Thanks,
Marc

I haven't been in there this year, but that spot at the start of the trail has been flooded for as long as I can remember. I would assume it still is.

Bachand,
I was there a few weeks ago.
The trail is called either the Pharaoh Lake Brook trail or the Mill Brook trail (interchangeably) as far as I know.
The section you referred to is only about 60-70 yards long and is still under water, or was a few weeks ago. The vegetation to the right of it is severely trampled from people re-routing around it and there are all kinds of logs and boards tossed in there. Basically you're going to get your shoes wet or muddy or both. Gaiters will help immensely (I had the short scree gaiters from EMS and Gore-Tex running shoes and my feet stayed nice and dry.)