Plum Creek Development in Maine ordered back to the LURC

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those who are interested in the Plum Creek development in Maine, a superior court judge ruled that the LURC (regulatory board for Maines unincorporated places) erred in the procedure they used to issue the permit, so its going back to the LURC.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Maine-judge-halts-Plum-Creek-plan.html

This develoment covers a lot of land west of Baxter and north of the AT including a lot of the undeveloped land around Moosehead.

I expect that an appeal to the Maine Supreme court will occur given the new administration.

good news

It's a good news although I am pesimistic about the final outcome. Let's hope we get to enjoy Northern Moosehead for a while longer.

I agree with those conservation organizations who take issue with the judge's order. The approved plan provides a balance between a concentrated and orderly development which I would hardly characterize as "sprawl" as indicated in the leading paragraph of the article, and well over 300,000 acres of conservation land and easements.

I am out of state and became well versed in the hearings and opportunities to comment on all aspects of the proposals ... I don't know how anyone can fault the process ... it was thorough to a fault! It just goes to show that anyone who can hire a lawyer can delay things but the only ones to benefit at this poiint are the lawyers.

Should the process need to be revisited I don't believe the outcome will favor those who would object to this overall. It will only delay it, perhaps to the detriment of some who feel it should be less friendly to development and more demanding of conservation space.

no good

I prefer orderly development more south of Southern Maine:D

Of course I'm on the other side of the spectrum...Though it might be trying to stop the inevitable... any delay is, to me, a good delay.
I've been up through parts of there... very beautiful...now add jet skies and "cigarette" boats..at least that what conjures up to mind.
I'm thinking it's more for the folks who can fly their plane up there for a round of golf and off to the marina for a jaunt.

I would put it high on the "see it now before it changes" list.

...of course I could be wrong...

Last edited: