redington wind plant - lurc hearing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dms said:
Phil, what is interesting about East Mountain, is that I understand that it was local opposition that helped do it in. I have been to the summit twice there and I agree that it is a dump. However, "cemetary peak" in southern VT was not a dump, it was a very pleasant open woods ridge walk, but it isn't that anymore.

Yes East Mountain is experiencing significant local opposition, but there is also organized environmental group stuff about birds getting killed by blades etc... Of all ironies the owners of Burke Mountain and Jay Peak ski areas objected because the towers would be a blight on the landscape and hurt tourism. (You can see the tram building on Jay from outer space I think).

By cemetary peak I assume you mean Unnamed peak [Readsboro]. When I did that a few years ago the 3K summit was a couple of miles south of the wind installation and unaffected. I'm not sure what the status is now.

As a realistic environmentalist I have come to the conclussion that Ameica needs to find another source, besides fossilfuels, to meet our electric need. I have little faith in solar do to cost. There are few if any hydro sites that make sense. That leaves Wind and Nuclear. I feel it is very impotant to reduce green house gases and for nation security that we as a nation seriously stsrt implamenting these to create electricity.