?'s about Cabot's heating system

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaner

Reaction score
Is there a working woodstove in Cabot cabin, or is there only a nonworking propane stove, or a propane stove that works, maybe? Is the propane stove for cooking only or also for heating? Your answers to my previous questions and hopefully this one as well are real timesavers, thank you.

The stove (which was for heating the cabin) was removed last year because it was broken and considered a fire hazard. So there isn't a stove in the cabin any more.

Hope that helps,
Ivy

Two winters ago, there was a usable 2-burner propane stove for cooking, not heating- not sure if it belonged to anyone or was fair game- and a sink with a bucket underneath. I can't remember if the stove used a 20 lb tank or a 2 lb canister. I think the 2 lb variety. Is it still there? If it uses the little canisters, good idea to pack in a couple if you're going to use it. We were unaware before we went and used it sparingly as a supplement to our other stoves (thanks).

weatherman said:
...usable 2-burner propane stove for cooking...Is it still there?

It was still sitting on the counter when we were there in June, tho looking a little scary (i.e., dirty/rusty/furry). I don't know that I'd depend on using it. I didn't look too closely at the fuel hookup, tho I do remember seeing an abandoned 20 lb. tank under the porch. Not sure if it was for the stove.