Solitude in the Sewards

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinness

Reaction score
Talking about a quite weekend, no climbers, no trail walkers, not even a mouse. I arrived at the empty trailhead about 10:00 pm Friday night and crashed in my truck. By 5:30 am I was heading down the trail. The weather cooperated until 12:30 with no rain only a light misting.

The trails were wet and in some areas, completely flooded. Blueberry and Wardbrook lean-tos were in great shape, clean and well maintained. Some sections of the trail up Seymour were flowing heavily with water. I decided to go up the slide in place of the normal herd path to the right. I love slides! Coming down I would take the herd path.

There were absolutely no views on the rock outcropping. I could only see the various shades of white from the clouds that were hugging the summit. The heard path is in great shape considering……

Returning to Wardbrook leanto, I had my lunch and then started back down the trail to the start of the Seward herd path. It was now 12:30 and the rains decided to pay me a visit. The nice part of not chasing lists, is the choice to “do what you want when you want” and I choose to head back to the trailhead. It rained non-stop the entire 5+ miles. I arrived at the parking lot at 2:30, enjoyed an Ubu and then drove the 350 miles home. Now a bad way to spend a Saturday – Where would you rather be……..

Next adventure - Mt. Hood!

Nice post, solitude is sweet sometimes, I cant imagine doing a hike and then having to drive 350 miles home afterwards, thats dedication and a strong desire. Thanks for the post!!

Guinness said:
– Where would you rather be……..

Next adventure - Mt. Hood!
You answered your own question!

Sounds like another famous Guinness mad-dash weekend! And a great warm-up for Hood! I spent Saturday hiking Old Speck with HarryK and Sunday on Hale with Hikethe115, HarryK, and Spongebob. I'm all warmed up too! See you in 5 days :D :D :D :D

Sounds like a nice day Ed. Gee, you walked out in the rain??? That sounds familiar :)

I did Baldpate while TMax did Old Speck on Saturday. We only had a few sprinkles while we were hiking and then the sun came out when we stopped for the brew. Then on Sunday when we did Hale, the rain held out until we got to the parking lot!