Tully Trail as a winter hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested as long as we can do it after the holidays. I have to use up some vacation time, so I may even be up for a mid-week stroll between x-mas and new years.

The in-laws are buying me snowshoes for x-mas, so my winter activities will be expanding.

After the holidays looks better for me too at this point. How 'bout sometime in January or February, but not around the weekend of 1/21?

Of course, that's pending weather and conditions once we set a date.

Nothin' like an 18-miler to break in new snowshoes!

Smitty77 - would you be planning to bring your dog for this? Dugan four-legs is a maybe, depending on conditions. He's fine with other dogs, as long as they don't act aggressively toward him.

Dugan said:
Nothin' like an 18-miler to break in new snowshoes!

Smitty77 - would you be planning to bring your dog for this? Dugan four-legs is a maybe, depending on conditions. He's fine with other dogs, as long as they don't act aggressively toward him.
Assuming the snowshoes come in. I got a good deal on some MSR Denali Classics at Campmor, but they are backordered until 12/20. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

As for the pooch, I'm not sure. We haven't been doing a lot of hiking, so I don't know if her feet will hold up over 18 miles. I guess I have some time to get her out there and see.