Turkey Attack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweeper

Reaction score
A bit OT but we were walking to the mail box. My dog flushed a turkey out of my neighbor's field, right next to the road. Being the well trained and obedient dog she is, just a call to her and she was off the bird and headed back to us, but the bird started chasing after the dog. I called the dog again and got her to us and the bird circled around us and crossed the road, following us down to the mail box calling to us and charging us.
After we got the mail and turned for home the bird crossed behind us, came along side us and crossed in front of us. The dog was going crazy but stayed with us. The hen moved ahead of us and lead us out past our house and contiued out into the woods.
I dropped back to tell my elderly neighbor about the encounter with the hen as she parks her car near the spot we first saw the bird. On the way out I stopped behind a truck and sure enough the hen returned to the same area, saw me and flew into a tree.
She's protecting a nest somewhere. There's going to be a lot of little ones here this summer, we have a pair of duck that spend time on our pond and then wander into the woods.