Who maintains Pawtuckaway?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmegillon149

Reaction score
There were some HUGE downed trails on Middle Mountain, tons of overgrowth on North Mountain. Does anyone know who maintains these trails?

In the past trail maintainence was done mostly by some local volunteers. I don't remember exactly who but they were somewhat organized. The Tower Tr. was relocated around the long slab and many trails were newly blazed. Middle and North get less attention. The trail down the east side of South is maintained by a local MTB group, maybe check the NEMBA site.

Most of the efforts of the very limited park staff is focused on the beach side of the park although there is a bunch of reveg. and conservation activity going on by the popular climbing spots around Round Pond. The back side of the park remains very undeveloped and there is a lot to said for that.

You can contact the park manager for more info: 895-3031

Bob

"The Tower Trail was relocated around the long slab".
Someone should tell the ranger at the summit. He looked at me like I had 3 heads when I told him there was a confusing intersection and plenty of paint blazes left on the old trail.
Question: Are dirt bikes allowed in there all the time? It's kinda difficult trying to dodge them.