14 miles to Owl's Head......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The humpbeast in my mind stays "wicked hot"....it's a good thing that my visuals weren't ruined!!

Next time we'll have to wake you up for the entertainment!

Thank goodness I was wearing my earplugs and missed all the late night entertainment :) :eek:

Anyway, glad to hear you all had a nice hike. I hung out on the Owls Head slide for a while in hopes I might see you all coming down Lincoln Slide but all I could see were tiny little blobs moving along Franconia Ridge. I would have hung out longer but the balckfiles and skeeters were driving my crazy!

Nice to see you all.

-MEB

Direct quote from Giggy during the hike: "I bet Drewski will be the first to ask about the true summit"

PS. Check out Darlene's post on page 1 again.... :D

salute

rumor has it a newer summit has been found??? so giggy needs to go back to finish the list??? do you think he will ever finish??? look for the muchroom that says "dr. wu was here"

OH Miscellaneous

Mats Roing said:
Direct quote from Giggy during the hike: "I bet Drewski will be the first to ask about the true summit"

PS. Check out Darlene's post on page 1 again.... :D

In said photo, is that a fake USFS emblem at the top of the new sign, or something else? :D

I am glad that you folks decided to hike down Lincoln slide rather than up, as the bushwhack is a lot easier in the down direction, I think. Before the Kanc was punched through to Lincoln Woods and beyond, the standard day-trip route to Owls Head in the 1960s (Underhill's et al.) was down and up Lincoln slide from Franconia Ridge. Not sure if they used flagging on the way down the bushwhack to facilitate their return up. Also, not sure about "blue paint between the slide and trail;" which slide and which trail? Before USFS Ranger Dick tried to erase the OH Trail a couple of years ago, there were lots of blue paint blazes on rocks and trees all the way from Lincoln Brook Trail to the "old" OH summit.

Ed Hawkins is making his 50th visit to OH this weekend. :eek:

hey dr dr, couple years ago, in 2006 a couple of us went up the slide, it was autumn and the brook was fairly dry and the BW was very limited as we hit the drainage fairly low, I was with NH MNT hiker, MEB, Nif, Drew(did you hit the real summit)ski, others?? - Both ways were fun I thought.

drew - I am finally working my way up being in the club of you hardcore types :p