Another Camera Question - Low End Option

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
My wife has turned her Waterproof Minolta 35mm (anyone remember film) over to since we bought a Digital so I've got a camera for the elements.

My question though is related to phones. I'm eligible to turn mine in & curious what kind of pictures people are taking with their phones.

While I'm confident you won't keep quality worthy of getting on the MWO, would they capture enough to record the trip & better than the disposables?

How many can you take? Do they take memory cards so you can take many pix? Assuming the technology keeps improving, a phone, good quality camera & GPS all rolled into one can't be far away & would save weight for all those ultralight hikers. (maybe with a bivy too.....) :D

Mike P. said:
While I'm confident you won't keep quality worthy of getting on the MWO, would they capture enough to record the trip & better than the disposables?

That would be a big NO. The picture might look good on a 1" screen, but the second you enlarge it, it's quality will quickly deminish