Boston Drink of your choice Night

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Reaction score
It's about time for a Boston Drink of your choice Night. Thursday, May 24 is looking good. There's alot to celebrate, new births, engagements and the beginning of the spring/summer hiking season.

The date is flexible.If we end up with decent weather, an outdoor location would be great. Inclement weather location at the Beer Works. Any ideas?

I know suggestions of places not downtown aren't too popular but I am gonna shoot this idea out there. How about Sunset Grill ??? They have a Commenwealth Ave location, lots of different types of beer and a really yummy Root Beer that MichaelJ, bunchberry and I discovered we loved while skiing at Attitash last year.

sli74

That date should work for me. Call me a tentative "in"!

BTW, Seema, Whole Foods sells Maine Root and it's as yummy as ever. :D

I just happen to be returning from my annual SoxFest with my buddy Froggie. This year it's an extended one:
5/17: Tigers
5/18: Braves
5/19: Braves
5/20: Mets/Y*nkees (hey, just because the Sox have a day off, no reason not to root against the Y*nkees!)
5/21: Y*nkees

I'll be ready for a beer on 5/24. Not that I'll need one, but I can probably be coaxed into one or ten. I'll be there.

As always, No Station vicinity is my preference, but we could always do something in Woburn also???

likely in

sunset is great, but its a royal pain in the humprump for us commuters. that adds a another 30 min to a 50 min commute (for me) - this all equals less time for drinking - and we can't have that. ;)

If a change of pace is in order - what about back bay -

I know a place called cleary's that is good and a 2 min walk from back bay station.

amstony said:
It's my wedding anniversary, but its #26 and I doubt Chanelgirl will miss me!!!!! :eek:

Wow, Tony! 26 years? That's huge!! Now I recall why I told you that you're my role model! :p Bring Channelgirl along and we'll all celebrate together!!

HikerAmiga said:
Wow, Tony! 26 years? That's huge!! Now I recall why I told you that you're my role model! :p Bring Channelgirl along and we'll all celebrate together!!

Yeah Tony, bring her along! A true "role model" cetainly would do that. I'll buy her drinks :D

That being said, I am likely in as well. Like Giggy and Tony, I would prefer a downtown location, for commuter reasons.

Regards,
Marty

I'm working an evening shift on the 24th, but lets have a redbones night before too many months pass. Not the best BBQ in the area, but the best combo for BBQ, Beer and atmosphere.

I hope to be there. Like Marty, Tony and Giggy, would prefer a North Station or downtown location for travel purposes. However I always enjoy good beer and good company so I would be willing to be a little flexible on this, if the consensus is for a different location. If the weather is remotely like it is today, an outdoor venue would be great.

Well then, we definitely need a Redbones night maybe a month or so after this one.

For those who mentioned Sunset Grille, restaurant.com has certificates that amount to 15 dollars off on 35 dollars of food. Maybe not useful for a VFTT outing unless a bunch of people are splitting a tab:

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=324245

amstony said:
I'm up for it....but I'd rather be near North Station so I can stumble back to the Lowell line........... :D

It's my wedding anniversary, but its #26 and I doubt Chanelgirl will miss me!!!!! :eek:

26 years? Bring her along, we can celebrate your anniversary. Mrs. Bobby and I are at 18 years, 4 kids....I need to get out for a night!

AMSTony...wrong kind of bottles for little Katie. Although it may help her sleep throught the night!

sli74 said:
How about Sunset Grill ??? They have a Commenwealth Ave location

How about the North Station area for this time? Next time we can head out to Brighton or the Somerville area.

Last edited:
Bobby said:
How about the North Station area for this time? Next time we can head out to Brighton or the Somerville area.

Hey, no worries :D
I never hold my breath for Brighton options but always give it one good try.
I just find downtown never ends up working for me so I keep suggesting the Brighton options cause that is closer to work and home. I will look forward to pictures so take a lot . . . :)

sli74

I could be in for that.........I need a rental kayak from a local spot, though, since I don't own one! :)

Salem, MA, was nice, where Alpinista intro'd me to kayaking last year, or the Charles River, which would be pleasant!

For the adventurous types who can stay overnight :eek: , there is also St. Lucia in the Carribean, for those who can travel for a few days-now that was pleasant kayaking!!