Boston Drink of your choice Night

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll start planning. The problem with renting on an evening is of the 2.5-3 hours that you have to paddle, you lose at least one of them. I usually slap my kayak on the car the night before, drive to train in the morning, and then when I leave work I'm ready to go. I can be on the water by 6:00.

KD: I'll PM you.

Count me in for the VFTT Drink of your choice night on the 24th. If you want great beers on tap, The Publick House in Brookline is incredible. No, I'm not suggesting we go there.

Would love to join the kayaking group, but alas I have none. Maybe next year! :)

Just a heads-up with respect to the Sunset Grill. The original Sunset Grill, with the 112 beers on tap and another 400 bottled, is on Brighton Ave (at Harvard Ave) in Allston. It is a three block walk from the Packard Corner stop on the "B" branch of the Green Line.

Last spring, the Sunset Grill opened another location on Commonwealth Ave across from the new Boston University Student Village called the Sunset Cantina. Same "B" branch of the Green Line to St. Paul St (closer to downtown). The beer selection is just as diverse, just scaled back a bit with maybe 200 selections total.

I'll be there, no matter where.

Last edited:
Giggy.

Cleary's? C'mon...man. :) Hit "Tim's" right around the corner...at least it used to be "back in the day".

I'm up for the 24th...been away to long. :eek:

Peace.

Jaytrek57 said:
Giggy.

Cleary's? C'mon...man. :) Hit "Tim's" right around the corner...at least it used to be "back in the day".

I'm up for the 24th...been away to long. :eek:

Peace.

Tim's closed earlier this year. Too bad, they had great burgers. Let's hope for good weather and an outside location.

Bobby said:
Tim's closed earlier this year. Too bad, they had great burgers. Let's hope for good weather and an outside location.

My wife used bartend at clearys' and was in pretty tight with the guy that owned tims (frank) - in fact I was able to go to their private xmas bash a couple of years, when they really cooked up some meats and had open bar all night. :) I used to drink pretty much every friday with them.

Great guys all around. sad to see it close...

south end is too "nice" now, I prefer crapbag places. with ya let it all hang out

is jj foleys still around?

SherpaKroto said:
I'm toying around with a semi-regularly scheduled VFTT Wednesday Evening Regatta on a local river (Concord comes to mind for a start) or lake/pond. If anyone is interested, eMail me. Beer has already indicated his interest.

Oooh, if it's on a Wednesday, I might have a chance of getting out of work early enough to make it. Have kayak.... will travel.

- Ivy

JJ Foley's (both of them - Kingston St at Downtown Crossing & the East Berkeley St location in the South End) are still around.

There's been a number of places tossed around. Have we reached a concensus? If the weather's nice, the Landing at Long Wharf could work. It is outside and Legal Seafood delivers from across the street.

Ok, who else is in? The Landing sounds like fun and though it means not being able to meet my new lawn guy, I'm game! :D

Folks -
It appears unlikely that I can go due to family reasons. There is a slim possibility I may be able to stop by for a single brew and to say hi.

Bobby, thanks for pulling this together. Hope our paths cross again soon.

Marty